April 18, 2016

Line Upon Line

Today as my grand daughter was playing with her blocks she told me that I needed to help her rebuild her block tower. The tower had fallen to the floor as she played near it.
As adults we too build our towers as we live and play in life.  At times our life architecture falls apart. We need to remember that God will not suffer a Jericho or a Tower of Babel in our lives.
Those who are in Christ are built on a foundation in Christ Jesus. So we must take care that what we build has value, eternal value.

I look for moments to remind myself and her of God and His word and His care and provision for us.
As I moved toward the pile of blocks, I reminded her that God loved her and would always help her rebuild when things fell down or fell apart because He loves us.
She replied, "I know" "but I NEED "you to help me now."
The emphasis was on needing me. An immediate tangible helper that she could physically see.
That is the way life is..most know that God can and will help us...but sometimes we need each other to help as well.

~Debbie


1 Corinthians 3:10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another builds thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Isaiah 28:9-11  Whom shall he teach knowledge? And whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.








**If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting. All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography copyright © 2016 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible at biblegateway.com