April 21, 2016

Follow Me

© 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers


I love the heart of John the apostle, but I relate to Peter the apostle on a gut/personality level. Peter appears to have been a sincere, dedicated, boisterous man. On most days I am exuberant with a love of life and people.
There are times when I can easily imagine myself, like John leaning on Jesus' breast, so assured, that I am the "Beloved" one. I am amazed at my own "feelings" as I think along these lines of thought. Yet, I am aware that without a close eye toward my Shepherd and His instructions, I can easily be overcome with my feelings, not the scripture facts.
I can relate in areas of my life with each disciple described in God's Word. Yet I never want to relate to Judas Iscariot in action or thought!
Judas Iscariot reminds me of my Art Parable, The Love of Money Is The Root of All Evil, © 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers.

Each disciple related to Jesus Christ in a unique way in their personal relationship  with Him.
Yet, Judas Iscariot is the only one who appears to call Jesus, Rabbi (Master) but not Lord.
It is not hard to see the choices that Judas made toward the "Follow Me" admonition. Without the saving knowledge of Jesus as his Lord, Judas evidently found it impossible to "Follow Him."
A love of money will warp your thoughts concerning God and people.  Our flesh manifests quickly if our hearts do not call Jesus, Lord and only acknowledge Him as a teacher. All of humanity is a teacher of something. But only Jesus is Master and Lord.

The sincerity of godly love is often misunderstood and mistrusted.  The flesh is suspicious toward sincerity, it appears unnatural to the natural mans mind. Only the Spirit of God can cause love, His love to make sense to our natural minds.
As I studied John 13, I saw that Jesus washed all of the disciples feet.  The all included Judas Iscariot, John, and Simon Peter's feet.
John leaned on Christ, Judas Iscariot would betray Christ and Peter would deny Christ.
Yet..He washed them all. Not just the ones named. He washed them all. He is still willing and able to wash and redeem you today.

Judas hardened his heart toward Jesus Christ, but he loved the bag he was entrusted to keep.
If you do not heed Jesus' admonition to "Follow Me" the Love of money, not actual money, will trip you as a sure stumbling block in your eternal path toward the Father and His Truth.
Consider who or what is your Master.
Matthew 6:24 and Luke 16:13


Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  "Follow Him."
~Debbie


John 13:13  Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
John 13:23  Now there was leaning on Jesus bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
John 12:6 This he said, not that cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was in put therein.
John 13:29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.


** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

 All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James bible. Would you like to see what I am currently painting? Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com