August 30, 2016

9 Minutes of Contemplation

I wrote this in July as I pondered a few thoughts..probably for about 9 minutes. Did you know that your snooze button alarms usually every 9 minutes?



© 2005 Debbie Turner Chavers



9 Minutes of Contemplation

I am not the best I can be, 
nor will I ever 
on this earth 
be the best I can be. 
I am not stagnant, nor am I finished. 

I am in the process of  becoming...
tuning in to my place in Christ, 
avoiding chords of discord,
attempting to be at peace with all 
as much as is possible with me

I am not the top, 
nor the bottom person.
But a whole person,
a redeemed person.
Not a recycled or a nearly new person.

A new creation, with all the best that He is and has given me.
Beautifully fashioned and all glorious within 
Because the treasure that He is ...
Is within me, gushing forth in a new song, a new language, and a new love

And yet I am not the best that I can be,
until it is Christ Jesus that you see 
revealed in me.

~Debbie Turner Chavers 




Psalm 45:13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.

Psalm 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

John 15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.







** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2016 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the King James Version bible which can be accessed online at http://biblegateway.com Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com