Jesus Christ’s Baptism
Painting Series
© 2026 Debbie Turner Chavers
I painted this series quickly. This 3rd version of Christ’s baptism is my favorite. I do not normally give discernible facial details. The book of Revelation gives such a clear picture of Christ in His majesty and beauty. The burning eyes of the dove seemed appropriate. I was reminded of Revelation 19:12.
I am praying that every person who looks upon this series has a great desire to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and be baptized with the Holy Ghost and fire.
❤️🌻
-Debbie
Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Luke 3:21-22
Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass,that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Revelation 19:12
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
The painting is painted with acrylic
on 12x16 canvas panel.
—————————————-
Jesus Christ’s Baptism
Painting Series
© 2026 Debbie Turner Chavers
This is the 2nd painting in the series. It is 12x16 watercolor painted on cold press Arches paper.
John 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
————————-
Painting Series
© 2026 Debbie Turner Chavers
This is the first painting in the series painted on Arches 12x16 watercolor paper with watercolor.
Mark 1:8-11
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
And it came to pass in those days , that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in the Jordan.
And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him.
And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
** If you click on the art or parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting and content.
All writing, poetry, posts, art, video and photography, copyright © 2026 Debbie Turner Chavers.
Protected by US and International copyright laws.
All Rights Reserved.
Scripture references taken from the KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment