August 05, 2019

The Relationship of Salvation


© 2010 Debbie Turner Chavers
Water-Man Series
Welcome home. Luke 15:11-32



Once Saved. Always Saved?
Serious question, serious answer. From the very first days of my salvation I heard many people refer to this concept “once saved, always saved.”
So I decided to write a few of my thoughts on this statement and the question, “Once saved, always saved?”
From my perspective it has never been about whether Jesus changed His mind about saving me or being my Savior.
The question was more in line with my agreement to the received fact.
At any point in my walk with God, past, present or future, did I change my mind?
Am I walking away from God or toward Him?

God has promised to never leave or forsake me. Did He mean it? Yes
Did I mean it? Yes.
Am I backing up my decision with my obedience? 
Am I applying myself to the study of His word to show myself approved?

So, I ask myself, "Have I applied His teaching to my life?” Am I applying His word currently in my everyday decisions?”
His word is active and alive, am I actively participating in my relationship with God?
Once saved? Yes, I was once saved.
And because I am in a relationship with God through His son,Jesus Christ, I have committed myself to the nurturing of this relationship. 
Not of works, lest I boast, but an active relationship with Christ Jesus who shed His blood to set me free from all that would hinder me. 
In his love he has provided everything that I need, and I am receiving daily what He has provided, a new life in Christ Jesus.

Gratefully Saved,
~Debbie

Have you experienced a falling out, a falling away from your relationship with God?Do not despair, you can return unto your first love.
Repentance is a free gift from a loving Father, extended to all who will receive it.
Ask and receive. You have not, because you ask not.

Father God,
I have turned away from your original intention to bless me, to provide for me, to be in a forever relationship with you.
Forgive me, create a clean heart in me. 
Father God cause me to joy in your provided salvation once again. 
In Jesus name. Amen



Hebrews 13:5; Habakkuk 3:18

Ephesians 1:13  In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Hebrews 3:14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;



*Edited from my original post - May 31, 2011 at http://wordparables.com

** If you click on the art or parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting. All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2019 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved. Scripture references taken from the KJV
Click on these links to read or see more of my work http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com

No comments: