November 19, 2015

< JESUS >

© 2012 Debbie Turner Chavers


Recently, I was asked to share my testimony and so I am posting a part of it.  As with any person we all have a history of life lived, before Christ.
The entire world does, on a timeline of history, they call it BC.

But for me, Jesus birth, death and resurrection impacted me personally, not just historically. The facts of who I was and what I did before Christ are inconsequential. Suffice to say..I was a sinner.
A past life of living without the true WAY.
But now in God's eyes, my past is dead, buried, and my sins are gone. Deleted, erased.
I was what is referred to as a good person, a well meaning person.
A sinner.
A better than you a and worse than you, sinner.
A Sinner- a rebellious one who refused to acknowledge the Creator in thought or deed. One who conceptualized my ability to live and die in my own way. To walk out my life in my own way.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Hebrews 8:12  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Hebrews 10:16-17 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

But then Jesus became the center of me, filling in the less than and more than concept of me.
A new creation In Christ is now my identity.

I am now and can be everything He desires of me and manifests through and in me of himself.
This can be true for you as well as me.
No matter what I put on the back of or front of this equation.  Jesus must be the center. 
You and I and our abilities are less than until everything in and about us, meets and manifests "His more than."

~Debbie Turner Chavers
ABC- A Simple Salvation prayer



Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengtheneth me.

John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin: that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Before Christ my self efforts were..
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

All of John 3--ye must be born again.
Ephesians 3:16-21





**If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.

All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible. Bible Gateway is a great resource.