January 12, 2017

I Am Learning



Daily I am given opportunities to stretch my capacity in understanding and applying the principles of God's word. There is a dynamic shift of thought when I realize and apply subtle adjustments in my daily way of life to His Way. It can be a discarded area of unbelief, a critical attitude, and the list could be longggggg!
Yet these changes give us an opportunity to grow. To grow personally, emotionally, and spiritually in our relationships with one another and the world at large.
A granted opportunity to learn to do well.
It is a beautiful, inspiring purpose to live life as God intended.
I am learning.
Mistakes abound in my walk of faith, yet I don't have to run to keep up, for the Lord's hand is ever present and He never leaves or forsakes me.

I am learning to recognize the pitfalls of my own perception. Every man's way is right in his own eyes. Proverbs 16:2
I have experienced this truth in my own walk.
As I have studied God's word and applied it to everyday life it has illuminated areas of gray and darkness in my own perceptions.
In thought and in deed I was not as grounded as I thought and was too impulsive.
I have been quick to give love yet also quick to judge. Both are out of order without grace and godly discernment.
Therefore, the gift of love is to be weighed, measured and dispensed by the Great Physician.
We are carrying the prescription within us. We must dispense with care and with knowledge.

As a light bearer of God's love, I do not want to shock or jolt others that draw near in fellowship or friendship. Therefore, I (we) must stay plugged in, hiding God's word in my (our) heart and mind to be balanced in a world that can be full of doubt and unbelief.
For it is this people and this world that Christ Jesus came to redeem.
Being mindful, that if I (we) allow offense, pettiness, or carnal lifestyle to manifest it is like a cut or exposure in an electrical line. We must not allow the power of God within us to be exposed to others in a harmful way. There should not be rogue electricity, but stable lines of love and communication.
We must walk in truth and love. The world is watching. We are His own and we are "representing."
God is our source and illuminator in all things. He is light and there is no darkness in Him. I am in Christ and Christ is in me.

"Representing"
~Debbie


Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.


** If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.
All writing,sculpture, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2017 Debbie Turner Chavers. Protected by US and International copyright laws. All Rights Reserved.
Scripture references taken from the King James Version bible which can be accessed online at http://biblegateway.com
Click on these links http://artparables.com or http://debbieturnerchavers.com