April 04, 2011

Power Struggle

"Power Struggle"
copyright © 1999 Debbie Turner Chavers



1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.


We are called to be submitted to God first in all things. We are not to manipulate one another by our own desires. We have been set free in Christ Jesus. We are no longer bond servants to sin.
Each person is responsible to control themselves and answer to God. We were granted self-control (temperance) by the Holy Spirit, not remote control.
Many years ago I found myself in a situation where I had to prayerfully consider if my actions would be as unto the Lord or if I was being manipulated by the situation and people involved.
After prayerful consideration I realized that submission and manipulation were different issues. If we submit unto God, then His word clarifies the power struggle and its source.

~Debbie




All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers.
All Rights Reserved. Protected by US and International copyright laws.
Scripture references taken from the King James bible.

No comments: