April 07, 2011

Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone

"Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone "
copyright © 2006 Debbie Turner Chavers



Luke 4:4  And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Jesus suffered many things while here on the earth. After 40 days of being tempted by the devil, he was hungry.

I love to eat on my screened back porch during warm weather. One day as I was enjoying lunch at my small bistro table, I decided to read some of God's word as I ate my lunch. The afternoon sun was shining across my hand as I lifted the fork to my mouth. I saw my hand and fork as a shadow across the pages I was reading at that time and I heard this scripture in my heart.

Daily as we interact with the Lord, He speaks to us in our everyday life. Look around you and your situation. What is He speaking to you in His word. Take the time to feed at His table.

I have never left hungry.
~Debbie

© 2009 Debbie Turner Chavers






All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com/ . Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible.

No comments: