April 07, 2011

Choices

" Choices"
copyright © 1999 Debbie Turner Chavers





I painted this picture many years ago after reflecting on the scripture in Joshua 24:15
Joshua 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.


Every day a person is given the opportunity to choose whom they will serve. As I thought on this scripture I was standing at my kitchen sink washing dishes early one morning and this was the image I saw in my mind.
There is a door and a path that leads to the light and there is a path and a door into darkness.
I am asking you to choose the Light, Jesus Christ.


John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
If you look at the painting you will see that the lit side is narrower than the broad path to destruction. The young man stands betwixt the two choices and I have painted him turned to the light.

Matthew 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


God loves you very much, do not hesitate, today is the day to choose life.
~Debbie Turner Chavers

© 2009 Debbie Turner Chavers








All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography, copyright © 2011 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com/. Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible.

No comments: