December 15, 2015

The Importance of a Name

The importance of a name...

When I was younger I was put in school under an assumed name to protect me from an abusive parent, my natural dad. My mom did this to protect my sister and I.
When I became an adult I dropped my alias name and started using my legal birth last name ( maiden name) which is Turner.
It was part of my journey toward wholeness to reclaim my birth name in the natural.
To take steps to move from the shadows of fear, to trust and walking in the light of God's provision.
Regardless of our history, there was no mistake about the family we were born into.

God chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus. Luke 1
God chose our mother and families also.
Before we were born there was a plan for us.
God does not make mistakes. Psalm 139

Names are important.
Names can define our image of who we are in life and our possibilities in this life.
If you will receive it, God will give you a new name.

We have been granted the ability to live our lives under the power and authority of His name, the name that our Father has bestowed upon us through His Son, Jesus Christ.

To take a name is life changing.
Throughout history and scripture we can see the importance of names.
From Genesis to Revelation there are so many examples of natural names being replaced with a new name.
Each time scripture shows God pronouncing a new name given, it is life changing for the recipient as well as the world.
Life changing.
New creation, life changing.
Luke 1:31 You shall call his name JESUS.

Part of my identity in Christ is to be a turner or one who points others to Jesus Christ.
The irony did not escape me that my birth name was previously hidden.
Wickedness always tries to steal, kill, and destroy. John 10:10
To take that which God has given you.

Be careful of the names that you allow others to attach to you through their words or actions toward you.
God has redeemed you, he has called you, anointed and appointed you.
He knows you by name.
His name is given, you are His.
Do not allow an alias to define you.
Child of God.
Claim your name.

~Debbie


Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Psalm 139:1-24

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white rainment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.




**If you click on the art parable painting title you will be redirected to its website for more information about the painting.


 All writing, poetry, posts, art, and photography copyright © 2015 Debbie Turner Chavers. All Rights Reserved. Encouragement? http://lolo-livingoutloudonline.com Protected by US and International copyright laws. Scripture references from King James bible. you can resource the scripture given at http://biblegateway.com